Flight Assistance For Children & Adults
Intercontinental and Hobby are the two Houston area airports that you can fly into. Listed below are the airlines / organizations that have in the past provided families with free or reduced medical airfare. Each program has its own criteria for gifting or discounting flights. Some organizations require that you have a letter from a non-profit organization. You can ask local community or religious organizations for this letter (stating that there is financial need). If you are a brachial plexus patient you can ask UBPN, Inc. for this letter. Contact UBPN at (866) 877-7004 or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Some organizations will need a confirmation letter sent from the doctor or the hospital. Note that the cheapest flights usually include a Saturday night stay.
If your airline is not listed, call them directly and ask if they have a special program for medical airfare. It is common for airlines to donate unused mileage to children and families in need.
- Miracle Flights For Kids: www.miracleflights.org (702) 261-0497 or (800) 359-1711.
- Care Force: Bob Jack (281) 261-6626, PO Box 3816, Humble, TX 77347
- Northwest Airlines Kid's Care Program: Fax Jennifer Geiger at (612) 726-3942 with your request.
- American Airlines Miles For Kids: (817) 963-8118, Fax (817) 931-6890
- Continental Airlines - Meeting Works Department: (800) 468-7022
- National Patient Travel Center: www.patienttravel.org (800) 296-1217
- Mercy Medical Airlift: (800) 296-1217
- Angel Flight SE: (800) 352-4256
- Air LifeLine: (877) 247-5433 www.airlifeline.org (has special arrangements with Methodist Hospital)
- World Life Foundation: (800) 289-5433
- Wing of Freedom: (407) 363-1991
Car Seat & Stroller Information: Please bring a car seat and stroller for your child. You can bring your stroller all the way down the gate and right to the airplane door at which time it will be tagged and stored. When you arrive at your destination, your stroller will be waiting for you at the airplane door.
More travel information can be found at the Travel FAQ Page.
If you call any of the organizations above and find that the information or telephone number has changed please let us know so that we can make the correction.