Here for full word Document Dr. Nath's Curriculum Vitae.
Abbreviated Curriculum Vitae
Rahul Kumar Nath, M.D.
Brachial Plexus and Peripheral Nerve Surgery
Date of Birth: April 4, 1957
July 1, 2004 to Present
Texas Nerve & Paralysis Institute
6400 Fannin St., Ste. 2420
Houston, TX 77030
July 1, 2004 to Present
Intron Pharmaceuticals, LLC
Biotechnology and Molecular Research
July 1996 – June 2004
Asst. Professor; Dept of Surgery, Div of Plastic Surgery
and Department of Neurosurgery
Baylor College of Medicine
America's Top Doctors
Castle Connelly Publishers, 1st ed.
Peer-Elected to "America’s Top Doctors"
Years 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008 (Brachial Plexus and Pediatric Brachial Plexus Surgery)
The International Society for Brachial Plexus and
Peripheral Nerve Injury
March 2006 - 2008
December 2004 to Present
The International Society for Brachial Plexus and
Peripheral Nerve Injury
August 2005 to Present
Founder and Editor-in-Chief
Journal of Brachial Plexus and Peripheral Nerve Injury
The Feinberg School of Medicine
Chicago, IL, USA
1988 M. D.
The Feinberg School of Medicine
Department of Surgery, Internship Program
June 1988 – June 1989: General Surgery
The Feinberg School of Medicine
Department of Surgery, Residency Program
July1989 - June1991: General Surgery
Washington University in St. Louis,
School of Medicine
Department of Surgery, Division of Plastic Surgery
St. Louis, MO
July 1991 - June 1994: Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
Fellowships – Research:
July 1991 – June 1992
Genetic Regulation of Fetal Wound Repair
Washington University in St. Louis, School of Medicine
St. Louis, MO
July 1994-June 1995
Peripheral Nerve and Pain Surgery
Dr. Krishna Kumar, Clinical Professor of Neurosurgery
University of Saskatchewan, Department of Surgery
Regina, Saskatchewan; Canada
July 1995-June 1996
Peripheral Nerve and Hand/Microvascular Surgery
Paul M. Weeks, M. D., Susan E. Mackinnon, M.D., Roger Khouri, M.D., Supervisors
Washington University in St. Louis
School of Medicine, Barnes Hospital, St. Louis, MO
Licenses and Certifications
Active Medical Licenses – Active, Unrestricted, Permanent, Medical Licenses
Texas; California; Florida; Illinois; Missouri; Nevada; New Jersey; New York; Ohio; Pennsylvania; Washington.
DEA (Federal) Number – Active, Unrestricted
State of Missouri: Controlled Substance Certificate
State of Texas: Controlled Substance Certificate
National Medical Board Exams –
- NMB Part I: 1986
- NMB Part II: 1988
- NMB Part III: 1989
American Board of Plastic Surgery –
- Board Certified,
Diplomate since 1998
- Recertified, July 2008,
Medical and Service Information
Hospital Affiliations –
- Memorial Hermann Hospital – Medical Center
- The Methodist Hospital
- Texas Children's Hospital
- Texas Institute for Rehabilitation and Research (TIRR)
- American Association for the Advancement of Science
- American Medical Association
- Texas Medical Association
- American Board of Plastic Surgeons
- The International Society for Brachial Plexus and Peripheral Nerve Injury
National/ International Academic –
Program Chairman; American Society for Peripheral Nerve meeting,Los Angeles, CA - 1999
Co-chairman; Brachial Plexus Panel, American Society of Reconstructive
Microsurgery meeting, Montreal, Canada, June 1996
Program Committee of the Plastic Surgery Research Council,
Ann Arbor, MI - March 1995
Founder 2004; The International Society for Brachial Plexus and Peripheral Nerve Injury
Founder and Editor-in-Chief, 2005; Journal of Brachial Plexus and Peripheral Nerve Injury
Local Academic –
Animal Bio-Safety Committee, Baylor College of Medicine (1998 to 2000)
Institutional Review Board, Baylor College of Medicine (1996 to1999)
Research Information, Inventions, Patents,
Laboratory Experience and Awards
Plastic Surgery Educational Foundation: "Adult Human Fibroblasts in the Fetal Wound Environment", grant, April 1992 - March 1993 (1 year / $4,567)
- Plastic Surgery Educational Foundation : "Homeobox Gene Regulation of Fetal
Wound Repair", grant, April 1993-March 1994 (1 year / $4,762)
MSc. Project Proposal, John Jensen, Senior Medical Student, Washington University School of Medicine : "Homeobox Gene Activity in Fetal Skin Wounds", grant, January 1993- July 1994 (1 year / $12,000)
Baylor/Zeneca Strategic Alliance: "Anti-Fibrotic Gene Therapy", grant,
January 1977 - December 1999 (5 years / $500,000)
The Methodist Hospital Foundation Research : "Inhibition of Neuroma Formation during Peripheral Nerve Regeneration", grant, January 1997 - December 1999 ($22,345/$44,379)
Inventions and Patents:
- USA Patent Number 6749616
Surgical system for repairing and grafting severed nerves and methods of repairing and grafting severed nerves
June 14, 2004.
- USA Patent Number 7173122
Antisense oligonucleotides to type I procollagen
February 6, 2007.
- USA Patent Number 7396823
Therapy inhalation involving antisense oligonucleotides for treating idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis
July 8, 2008
- Tissue culture (human, rabbit, mouse, rat)
- Explant culture (rabbit, mouse, rat)
- In situ hybridization (RNA / RNA ; DNA / RNA ; Procollagen type I;
Fibronectin; Laminin; Homeodomain; Hox D11; S8)
- Northern blot
- RNAse protection (Hox D11)
- Polymerase chain reaction
- Immunohistochemistry (TGF-Beta 1; TGF-Beta 2; Hox species)
- Mammalian fetal and embryonic surgery ( rabbit, mouse, rat)
- Paraffin sectioning and histology
- Frozen sectioning
- First place presentation, Resident Paper, St. Louis Society of Plastic Surgeons, 1993
- Research Award by Baylor-Zeneca Alliance for Development of Theraeup Therapeutic Target Molecule for Scar Reduction in Humans, $10,000
- Peer-Nominated America’s Top Doctors (Castle- Connolly Publications) Years 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009
- Peer- Nominated Houston’s Top Doctors (H-Texas magazine) Years 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010
- Peer- Nominated Houston’s Top Doctors for Children (H-Texas magazine) Years 2006, 2007, 2008
- Peer- Nominated Houston’s Top Doctors for Women(H-Texas magazine) Year 2006, 2007, 2008
- Mackinnon SE and Nath RK. Surgery of the Peripheral Nerve, American Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Meeting: Dallas, TX - 1996
- Mackinnon SE and Nath RK. Surgery of the Peripheral Nerve, American Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Meeting: San Francisco, CA - 1997
- Nath RK and Rabinovsky E. Peripheral Nerve Physiology and Regeneration, Plastic Surgery Research Council Meeting, Galveston, TX - 1997
- Nath RK. Molecular Biologic Techniques in Surgical Research. Plastic Surgery Research Council Meeting, Galveston, TX - 1997
- Nath, RK, Dellon AL and Midha R. Surgical Management of Painful Neuromas. American Society for Peripheral Nerve Meeting, Vancouver, Canada - 1998
- Williams, B, Nath RK, Van Beek A. Clinical Experience with the Medtronic Implantable Muscle Stimulator. American Society for Peripheral Nerve Meeting, Vancouver, Canada - 1998
- Mackinnon SE and Nath RK. Surgery of Peripheral Nerve. American Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Meeting: Boston, MA - 1998
- Nath RK, Wirt S, and Traylor G. Perioperative Management of Children Undergoing Secondary Surgery for Brachial Plexus Injury. American Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Meeting: Boston, MA - 1998
- Nelson M, Nath RK, and Davis L. Surgical Management of Obstetric Brachial Plexus Injuries. American Academy for Cerebral Palsy and Developmental Medicine. San Antonio, TX - 1998
- Nath, RK and Rabinovsky E. Molecular Biologic Techniques in Plastic Surgery Research. American Society for Peripheral Nerve, Los Angeles, CA - 1999
- Nath, RK and Mackinnon SE. Surgery of the Peripheral Nerve. International Conference for Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery. San Francisco, CA - 1999
- Nath RK, Risk Factors and Management of Obstetric Brachial Plexus Injuries in Infants. Children's Mercy Hospital International Colloquium on Erbs's Palsy. Kansas City, MO - 1999
- Nath RK. Obstetric Brachial Plexus Injuries and Management. American College of Surgeons on Panel on Paralysis. San Francisco, CA - 1999
14. Nath, RK. Surgical Management of Cumulative Trauma Disorder. 9th World Congress on Pain, Vienna, Austria - 1999
- Nath RK. Surgical Management of Obstetrical Brachial Plexus Injuries. Child Neurology Society Annual Meeting, Nashville, TN - 1999
- Mackinnon SE and Nath RK. Surgery of the Brachial Plexus. American Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Meeting: New Orleans, LA - 1999
- Mackinnon SE and Nath RK. Surgery of the Brachial Plexus. American Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Meeting: Los Angeles, CA - 2000
- Mackinnon SE and Nath RK. Surgery of the Brachial Plexus. American Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Meeting: Orlando, FL - 2001
- Nath RK. Live surgery demonstration of secondary correction for obstetric brachial plexus injury; live surgical demonstration of intercostal nerve transfers for complete brachial plexus injury. Sir Ganga Ram Hospital Symposium on Brachial Plexus Injury, New Delhi, 2003.
- Nath RK. Live surgery demonstration of Triangle Tilt operation for SHEAR Deformity in obstetric brachial plexus injuries. Ganga Hospital, Coimbatore, TN, India, December 2008.
- Nath RK and Mettler A. Modern management of brachial plexus injury. Memorial Hermann Hospital and TIRR, Houston, TX, August 22-23, 2009.
1. Nath, RK. Obstetric Brachial Plexus Injuries; The Nath Method of
Diagnosis and Treatment. VBW Publishing, College Station, TX- 2007.
- Nath RK. Fetal Wound Repair Manual: Protocol and Procedure Manual of the Wound Repair and Regeneration Laboratory, Washington University in St. Louis, Division of Plastic Surgery. 278 pages. 1992
- Nath RK and Mackinnon SE. “Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy: The Controversy continues”. Chapter in Clinics in Plastic Surgery, Update on Hand Surgery, 1996
- Nath RK and Mackinnon SE. “Management of Neuromas in the Hand”. Chapter in Hand Clinics, The Painful Hand, 1996
- Nath RK and Mackinnon SE. “Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy”. Chapter 111, pp.556-579, Plastic Surgical Secrets, Weinzweig J (ed), Hanley and Belfus, Inc. Philadelphia, PA – 1998
- Nath RK and Mackinnon SE. “Peripheral Nerve Injuries”. Chapter 102, pp.524-527, Plastic Surgical Secrets, Weinzweig J (ed.), Hanley and Belfus, Inc., Philadelphia, PA – 1998
- Nath RK and Mackinnon SE. “Peripheral Nerve Regeneration”. Chapter 12, pp.201-216 Tissue Engineering: Applications in Maxillofacial Surgery and Periodontics, Lynch SE, Genco RJ and Marx RE (eds.), Quintessence Publ. Co., Inc., Chicago - 1999
- Nath RK and Mackinnon SE. “The Experimental Basis for Nerve Repair-Clinical Application”. Chapter in The Facial Nerve, May M (ed.), 1999
- Nath RK and Mackinnon SE. “Peripheral Nerve Injuries”. Chapter 17, pp.105-109, Hand and Wrist Surgery Secrets, Weinzweig J (ed.), Hanley and Belfus, Inc., Philadelphia, PA - 1999.
- Nath RK and Mackinnon SE. “Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy”, Chapter 26, pp. 155-159, Hand and Wrist Surgery Secrets, Weinzweig J (ed.), Hanley and Belfus, Inc., Philadelphia, PA - 1999.
- Nath RK. Median Nerve Entrapment in the Forearm. Chapter 5, Peripheral Nerve Compression Syndromes in the Upper Extremity, Alnot Y and Mackinnon SE (eds.) Thieme Medical Publishers, New York, 2002
- Miller VT, Nath R, Kwaan HC, and Nishiura B. Reproducibility of Two In Vivo Tests of Platelet Function. Thrombosis Res 1988 15;52 (6): 507-15.
- Kumar K, Wyant GM, and Nath R. Deep Brain Stimulation for Control of Intractable Pain in Humans, Present and Future: A Ten-Year Follow-Up. Neurosurgery 26:774-782, 1990
- Kumar K, Nath RK, and Wyant GM. Treatment of Chronic Pain by Epidural Spinal Cord Stimulation: A Ten-Year Experience. J Neurosurg 75:402-407, 1990
- Brown PS, Nath RK, Votapka T, Slaughter M, Meyers SN, Talano JV, and Joob A. Traumatic ventricular septal defect and disruption of the descending thoracic aorta. Ann Throrac Surg 52:143-4, 1991.
- Kumar K, Nath RK, and Wyant GM. Spinal cord stimulation for management of chronic intractable pain. Modern Neurosurg 51:329-40, 1991.
- Nath RK, Parks W, Markham H, and Weeks PM. Collagen regulation in fetal skin wounds. Surg Forum 43:497-499,1992.
- Nath RK and Weeks PM. Fetal wound repair: A new direction. Plast Reconst Surg 91:922-4, 1993.
- Nath RK, LaRegina M, Markham H, and Weeks PM. The expression of transforming growth factor, subtype beta in fetal and adult rabbit skin wounds. J Ped Surg 29:29:416-421, 1994.
- Nath RK, Mackinon SE, and Weeks PM. Ulnar nerve transection as a complication of two-portal endoscopic carpal tunnel release: A case report. J Hand Surg 18A:896-898, 1993.
- Nath RK, Parks W, Markham H, Hunter Da, Mackinnon SE, and Weeks PM. Regulation of collagen type I in fetal skin wounds: mRNA localization and analysis. J Ped Surg 29:855-862, 1994.
- Nath RK, Jensen J, and Weeks PM. Temporally Variable Induction of Homeobox Gene D11 during Wound Repair in the Fetal Mouse Limb. Surg Forum 46: 682-684, 1995.
- Kumar K, Nath RK, Nair CPV and Tchang SP. Symptomic epidural lipomatosis secondary to obesity: A case report. J Neurosurg 85: 348-350, 1996.
- Choi PD, Nath RK, and Mackinnon SE. Iliohypogastric, ilioinguinal, and genitofemoral neuropathy following abdominal surgery: A case report. Ann Plast Surg 37:60-65, 1996
- Kumar K, Toth C, and Nath RK. Spinal cord stimulation for chronic pain in peripheral neuropathy. Surg Neurol 46:363-369, 1996.
- Kumar K and Nath RK. Spinal cord stimulation is effective in the management of reflex sympathetic dystrophy. Neurosurgery 40: 503, 1997.
- Nath RK, Mackinnon SE, Jensen J, and Parks WC. Spatial pattern of type 1 collagen expression in injured peripheral nerve. J Neurosurg 86: 120-127,1997.
- Nath RK, Mackinnon SE, and Shenaq SM. New nerve transfers following peripheral nerve injuries. Oper Techn Plast Reconstr Surg 4:2-11, 1997.
- Kumar K, Toth C, Nath RK, Verma AK, and Burgess JJ. Improvement of limb circulation in peripheral vascular disease using epidural spinal cord stimulation: a prospective study. J Neurosurg 86:662-69, 1997.
- Kumar K, Toth C, and Nath RK. Deep brain stimulation for intractable pain: A 15-year experience. Neurosurgery 40: 736-746, 1997.
- Nath RK, Kwon B, Mackinnon SE, Jensen JN,Reznik S, and Boutros S. Antibody to transforming growth factor-beta reduces collagen production in injured peripheral nerve. Plast Reconst Surg 102, 1100-1108, 1998.
- Nath RK, Kraemer BA, Azzizadeh A. Complete ear replantation without venous anastomosis. Microsurgery 18:282-285-1998.
- Nath RK, Jensen JN, and Weinfeld AB. Collagen type 1 blockade with antisense oligonucleotide DNA. Surg Forum 49, 1998.
- Kumar K, Toth C, Nath RK and Lain P. Epidural spinal cord stimulation for treatment of chronic pain-some predictors of success. Surg Neurol 50: 110-121, 1998.
- Shenaq SM, Berzin E, Lee R, Laurent JP, Nath RK, and Nelson MR. Brachial plexus birth injuries and current management. Clin Plast Surg 25: 527-536, 1998.
- Kim ED, Scardino PT, Hampel O, Mills N, Wheeler TM and Nath RK. Interposition of sural nerve to restore function of cavernous nerves resected during radical prostatectomy. J Urol 161: 188-192, 1999.
- Boutros S, Nath RK, Yuksel E, Weinfeld A and Mackinnon SE. Transfer of Flexor Carpi Ulnaris Branch of the Ulnar nerve to the Pronator Teres Nerve: Histomorphometric Analysis. J Reconstr Microsurg 15:119-22, 1999.
- Nath RK and Mackinnon SE. Nerve transfers in the upper extremity. Hand Clinics 16: 131-139, 2000.
- Kim ED, Scardino PT, Kadmon D, Slawin K, Nath RK. Interposition sural nerve grafting during radical retropubic prostatectomy. Urology 57: 211-216, 2001.
- Kim ED, Nath RK, Kadmon D, Lipshultz LI, Miles BJ, Slawin KM, Tang H-Y, Wheeler T, Scardino PT: Bilateral nerve graft during radical retropubic prostatectomy: 1-year followup. J Urol 165:1950-1956, 2001.
- Canto EI, Nath RK, and Slawin KM. Cavermap-assisted sural nerve interposition graft during radical prostatectomy. Urol Clin N Am 28: 839-848, 2001.
- Kim ED, Nath RK, Slawin KM, Kadmon D, Miles BJ, Scardino PT: Bilateral nerve grafting during radical retropubic prostatectomy: extended follow-up. Urology 58:983-987, 2001.
- Weinfeld AB, Cheng J, Nath RK, Rose J, Hunter DA and Mackinnon SE. Topographical mapping of the superior transverse scapular ligament: a cadaver study to facilitate suprascapular nerve decompression. Plast Reconstr Surg 1: 110 (3): 774-779, 2002.
- Slawin KM, Canto EI, Shariat SF, Gore JL, Kim E, Kattan MW, Wheeler TM, and Nath RK. Sural Nerve Interposition Grafting during Radical Prostatectomy. Rev Urol. 2002 Winter;4(1):17-23.
- Shenaq SM, Kim JY, Armenta AH, Nath RK, Cheng E, and Jedrysiak A. The Surgical Treatment of Obstetric Brachial Plexus Palsy. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2004 Apr 14;113(4):54E-67E.
- Nath RK, Lyons AB and Bietz G. Physiological and clinical advantages of median nerve fascicle transfer to the musculocutaneous nerve following brachial plexus root avulsion injury. J Neurosurg 105: 1-5, 2006 (Lead article).
- Nath RK, Melcher SE and Paizi M. Surgical correction of unsuccessful derotational humeral osteotomy in obstetric brachial plexus palsy: Evidence of the significance of scapular deformity in the pathophysiology of the medial rotation contracture. J Brachial Plex Peripher Nerve Inj. 2006,1:9. DOI: 10.1186/1749-7221-1-9
- Nath RK and Paizi M. Scapular deformity in obstetric brachial plexus palsy: a new finding. Surg Radiol Anat. 2007 (29)2: 133-140. DOI: 10.1007/s00276-006-0173-1
- Nath RK, Xiong W, Humphries AD and Beri RK. Treatment with Antisense Oligonucleotide Reduces the Expression of Type I Collagen in a Human Skin Organ Wound Model: Implications for Anti-Fibrotic Gene Therapy. Ann Plast Surg (In Press): 2007.
- Nath RK and Paizi M. Improvement in abduction of the shoulder after reconstructive soft-tissue procedures in obstetric brachial plexus palsy. J Bone Joint Surg Br 89-B (5): 620-626, 2007. DOI: 10.1302/0301-620X.89B5.18403
- Nath RK and Melcher SE. Rapid recovery of serratus anterior muscle function after microneurolysis of long thoracic nerve injury. J Brachial Plex Peripher Nerve Inj. 2007, 2:4. DOI: 10.1186/1749-7221-2-4.
- Nath RK, Paizi M, Melcher SE and Farina KL. Upright MRI Imaging of Glenohumeral Dysplasia Following Obstetric Brachial Plexus Injury. Magn Reson Imaging (In Press): 2007
- Nath RK, Lyons AB and Bietz G. Microneurolysis and decompression of long thoracic nerve injury are effective in reversing scapular winging: Long-term results in 50 cases. BMC Musculoskelet Disord: 2007, 8:25.
- Nath RK, Lyons AB, Melcher SE and Paizi M. Surgical correction of the medial rotation contracture in obstetric brachial plexus palsy. J Bone Joint Surg Br (In Press)
- Nath RK, Lyons AB, Paizi M: Successful management of foot drop by nerve transfers to the deep peroneal nerve. J Reconstr Microsurg 24:419-427, 2008.
- Nath RK, Humphries AD: Computed tomography of the shoulders in patients with obstetric brachial plexus injuries: a retrospective study. Ann Surg Innov Res 2:4, 2008.
- Nath RK, Liu X: Nerve reconstruction of obstetric brachial plexus injury results in worsening of glenohumeral deformity: a case control study. J Bone Joint Surg Br 91-B:649-54, 2009.
- Nath RK, Somasundaram C, Melcher SE, Bala M, Wentz MJ: Arm rotated medially with supination - the ARMS variant: description of its surgical correction. BMC Musculoskelet Disord 10:32, 2009.
- Nath RK, Amrani A, Melcher SE, Eichhorn MG: Triangle tilt surgery in an older pediatric patient with obstetric brachial plexus injury. ePlasty 9:e26, 2009.
- Nath RK, Matyja M, Naziemiec L, Gogola A. Results of an operative treatment of the child with Duchenne- Erb's type obstetric brachial plexus injury- case report. Polish Child Neurology 18:79- 84, 2009.
- Nath RK,Somasundaram C, Perkinson J, Somasundaram SG, Bjarnason I. NSAID-induced gut inflammation and vasoconstriction: Causes and potential reversal with beta-CGRP - A hypothesis. Bioscience Hypotheses 2:290-294, 2009.
- Nath RK, Liu X. Melcher SE, Fan J. Long-term outcomes of triangle tilt surgery for obstetric brachial plexus injury. Pediatr Surg Int 26:393-9, 2010.
- Nath RK, Bowen ME, Eichhorn MG. Pressure-Specified Sensory Device versus Electrodiagnostic Testing in Brachial Plexus Upper Trunk Injury. J Reconstr Microsurg 26:235-42, 2010
- Nath RK, Amrani A, Melcher SE, Wentz MJ, Paizi M. Surgical normalization of the shoulder joint in obstetric brachial plexus injury. Annals of Plastic Surgery 65:411-7, 2010.
- Nath RK, Karicherla P, Mahmooduddin F. Shoulder Function and Anatomy in Complete Obstetric Brachial Plexus Palsy: Long-term Improvement after TriangleTilt Surgery, Childs Nervous System 26:1009-19, 2010
- Nath RK, Li JT, Somasundaram C, Bian K, Xiong W, Mahmooduddin F, Murad F. Nitric-Oxide Signaling and Neural Stem Cell Differentiation in Peripheral Nerve Regeneration, ePlasty 10:e42, 2010.
- Nath RK, Avila, MB, Karicherala P. Triangle tilt surgery as salvage procedure for failed shoulder surgery in obstetric brachial plexus injury, Pediatr Surg Int 26:913-8, 2010.
- Nath RK, Mahmooduddin F, Xiaomei L, Wentz MJ, Humphries AD. Coracoid Abnormalities and Their Relationship with Glenohumeral Deformities in Children with Obstetric Brachial Plexus Injury. BMC Musculoskelet Disord 11:237, 2010.
- Nath RK, Somasundaram C, Xiong X, Li JT, Bian K, Murad F. Protective Effect of Type I Collagen Antisense Oligonucleotides on Bleomycin Induced Pulmonary Fibrosis. The Open Conference Proceedings Journal 1:141-149, 2010.
- Nath RK, Mahmooduddin F. Triangle Tilt Surgery: Effect on Coracohumeral Distance and External Rotation of the Glenohumeral Joint, ePlasty 10:560-567, 2010.
- Nath RK, Somasundaram C, Mahmooduddin F. Comparing Outcomes for Triangle Tilt Surgery Performed Before Versus After Two Years of Age, The Open Orthopaedics Journal 5:66-69, 2011.
- Nath RK, Somasundaram C, Mahmooduddin F. Triangle Tilt and Steel Osteotomy: Similar Approaches to Common Problems. The Open Orthopaedics Journal, 5:134-143, 2011.
- Nath RK et al. Assessment of Triangle Tilt Surgery in Children with Obstetric Brachial Plexus Injury Using the Pediatric Outcomes Data Collection Instrument (PODCI), The Open Orthopaedics Journal 5:385-388, 2011.
- Nath RK et al., Li TJ., Targeting different types of human meningioma and glioma cells using a novel adenoviral vector expressing GFP-TRAIL fusion protein from hTERT promoter. Cancer Cell International, 11:35, 2011.
- Nath RK et al. Risk Factors at Birth for Permanent Obstetric Brachial Plexus Injury and Associated Osseous Deformities, ISRN Pediatrics, 2012 doi:10.5402/2012/307039.
- Nath RK, Somasundaram C, Bukoski RD, Diz DI. Identification and Characterization of Novel Perivascular Adventitial Cells in Whole Mount Mesenteric Branch Artery using Immunofluorescent Staining and Confocal Microscopy Imaging, International Journal of Cell Biology, 2012, doi:10.1155/2012/172746.
Editorials and Letters
- Nath RK. Editorial for inaugural issue of Journal of Brachial Plexus and Peripheral Nerve Injury. J Brachial Plex Peripher Nerve Inj.. 2006,1:1. DOI: 10.1186/1749-7221-1-1
- Nath RK. The journal: one year later. J Brachial Plex Peripher Nerve Inj. 2007, 2:20. DOI:10.1186/1749-7221-2-20
Founding Editor and Editorial Board Member
- Journal of Brachial Plexus and Peripheral Nerve Injury- Founding Editor
- The Scientific World Journal
- World Journal of Orthopedics
- Orthopedic & Muscular System: Current Research
Dr. Nath has performed thousands of Brachial Plexus surgeries.
America's Top Doctors (Castle Connelly Publishers, 1st ed.): Peer- nominated as one of "America's Top Doctors" and the only one named in Pediatric Brachial Plexus Management.
Less than 1% of American Doctors make it onto this list!