Saro Brace

This forum is for discussion about children with Erb's Palsy / Obstetric Brachial Plexus Injuries.

Moderators: TNPIModerator2, TNPIModerator1, Contact, Chicago BPI Community

Saro Brace

Postby hfranks » Sat Dec 30, 2006 9:14 pm

Hi All!

Dr. Nath has ordered a Saro Brace to replace Jaxxon's Theratog. Has anyone else used this brace? If so, where might I find information on it. I am not really sure the purpose vs. the theratog or splint he wore after TT surgery. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!!
Never let hope die!
hfranks

Information about saro brace

Postby aniket » Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:09 pm

Information about saro brace is added on our site.

You can find information about saro brace under following link.

http://www.drnathbrachialplexus.com/splint/index.php

Thanks
Aniket
aniket
Site Admin

saro splint

Postby april2123 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:32 pm

Hi Heather,

Well, we just returned from our trip to Seattle to get the Saro Splint. We were referred to a gal that used to work w/ Tom ( the orthotist that works w/ Dr. Nath's patients) in Texas. She has about 9 yrs experience, and I thought she would do a good job of fitting the splint. She was very nice, as was her assistant, but we were there for FIVE HOURS. It was crazy. Even after 5 hours worth of adjusting, I don't feel 100% on the way that the elbow sits in the splint. The splint is extremely adjustable and all connected... so, every time they would adjust one part, it would effect the rest of the arm. Anyway, I have to talk to Dr. Nath. I'm taking video today, for sure. I didn't want to spend all that money on flying to Houston...but, I think I might have needed to. I think it's crucial that it fits the elbow area .... otherwise, we could be doing damage vs. helping. We are probably looking at Theratogs in May. They are doing a clinic in Portland -- so, only 3 hours away drive. I'm looking forward to finding out some more information about Theratogs. What do you think of them? How is Jaxxon w/ them? ~ April Rabb
april2123

Saro vx Theratogs

Postby hfranks » Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:09 am

Hi April,

Jaxxon never actually got his Theratog. I spent 3 months going back and forth with the Theratog people (they don't seem to be to organized) and when I finally had everything lined out, Dr. Nath decided to put him in the Saro instead. Dr. Nath told me that the Theratogs don't hold up very well. That they stretch out and have to be replaced too often. He said when Jaxxon had his surgery, the Saro brace was just becoming available. My understanding now is he is no longer using the theratogs but the saro instead. I believe from my conversations with Dr. Nath and Theratogs, that they are used more to keep the body aligned properly. They are not just for the arm. I am also sending a video this weekend. I still don't feel comfortable with the way Jaxxon's brace fits. It just seems too long for his arm and it is straight except at the wrist, where it turns up.

Anyway, the Theratog was $300 at the time that I was trying to get it, and my understanding is it needs to be replaced every 3 to 6 months. Whereas, Dr. Nath told me that the Saro is good for up to 5 years. Although, he did say Jaxxon would definetely not be in it that long!

Hoping everything is going ok on your end. Have a wonderful day.

Heather
Never let hope die!
hfranks

high quality backlinks

Postby Bluttysevynen » Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:22 am

Optimum Future team offers you a safe, friendly and powerful SEO tool to boost your rankings! This is your best way to get qualitative and natural Links avoiding Panda & Penguin! Yes! Sites dominating the top money making keywords are using those networks! Start increasing your Affiliate Comissions, Product Sales & Adsense Income TODAY! Visit here: high quality backlinks
Bluttysevynen

Return to Child Obstetric Brachial Plexus Injury