Post Thoracic Nerve Damage Therapy

This forum is for Winging Scapula general discussion. You can post anything related to winging scapula / Long Thoracic Nerve Injury on this forum.

Moderators: TNPIModerator2, TNPIModerator1, Contact, Chicago BPI Community

Post Thoracic Nerve Damage Therapy

Postby SteveB » Sat Apr 15, 2006 12:13 pm

I have been suffering with a winged scapula for approx 10 months. Fortunately, it appears to be clearing and I am seeing a marked improvement in the condition.
Can anyone please advise me on suitable exercises for strengthening the serratus anterior muscle now I am able to utilise it to some degree ? I have access to a gym but am struggling to find anything that targets that particular muscle well.
Thanks
Steve
SteveB

Postby roxenee » Wed May 11, 2011 6:05 am

Do I need to claim a settlement for bodily injury on my taxes? I already filed my taxes. I got advice that I did not have to claim it since on the check stub it says it was for "bodily injury" however I know that lost wages was included in this amount. How does the IRS determine what paperwork is used for my taxes? And do I need to report this income?

Re: Post Thoracic Nerve Damage Therapy

Postby Bradley » Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:52 am

It is rare that an injury, disc herniation or other condition affecting the spine leads to permanent sciatic nerve damage, but for those who find themselves the anomalies, the effects are devastating. A damaged sciatic nerve can cause an array of chronic symptoms including muscle weakness, severe pain, loss of sensation, inability to walk and loss of bladder and bowel control. Quality of life is affected by both extreme limitations on activity and constant, unpleasant physical stimuli.It is important to seek treatment for sciatica, or impingement of the sciatic nerve, early on to prevent nerve damage. Injured sciatic nerves are treated in a variety of ways and usually heal within a year or two. However, in rare cases of severe injury or prolonged impingement, the nerve can become permanently damaged.
Bradley

Return to General Winging Scapula / Long Thoracic Nerve Injury