Saro Splint

This forum is for discussion about children with Erb's Palsy / Obstetric Brachial Plexus Injuries.

Moderators: TNPIModerator2, TNPIModerator1, Contact, Chicago BPI Community

Saro Splint

Postby smiles » Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:49 pm

My Baby Madison had a mod quad last november when she was 5 months old. We are trying to get her TT schdeled for June. She did not tolerate the last splint at all. Alot of sleepless nights, and fussiness. Does anyone think the saro splint is better or worse than the "statue of liberty" Splint?
smiles

Postby JenC » Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:59 pm

Just from my experience with my son...He was 15 months when he had Mod Quad, only he did tolerate the splint. I thought the Statue of Liberty splint moved around alot on him so we were constantly adjusting it.
In January my son had TT surgery (2yrs old) and the Saro Brace is a better made brace in my opinion. For the seven weeks he had to wear it 24/7 we never had to adjust it once. So for that reason alone it was so much better.
Of course sleeping is always an adjustment at first, especially since my son was mostly a stomach sleeper...he now sleeps on his back. The first week was a little tough but he adapted very quickly.

Maybe since your daughter is a bit older now she will adjust easier.
We wish you the best!
JenC

buy quality backlinks

Postby Bluttysevynen » Sun May 26, 2013 9:19 am

Optimum Future team offers you a safe, friendly and powerful SEO tool to boost your rankings! This is your best way to get qualitative and natural Links avoiding Panda & Penguin! Yes! Sites dominating the top money making keywords are using those networks! Start increasing your Affiliate Comissions, Product Sales & Adsense Income TODAY! Visit here: the backlink builders
Bluttysevynen

Return to Child Obstetric Brachial Plexus Injury