sciatic nerve injury

This forum is for general discussion on FOOT DROP injuries.

Moderators: TNPIModerator2, TNPIModerator1, Contact, Chicago BPI Community

sciatic nerve injury

Postby estee » Thu Dec 15, 2005 11:48 am

On May 16, 2004 I gave birth to my daughter by C-section, the anesthesist adminnestered the spinal/epidural injection wrongly and since then my right leg is very weak, muscle weakness, loss of strength, loss of sensation and footdrop. I also suffer from a lot of pain where the injection was placed, the lower spinal cord...I walk with a walking stick and eventhough after 20 months it did improved a bit, the neurologist told me that I probably will stay disabled...I have seen several docters and first they said that the nerves were injured and that the nerve needs to "grow", but after 20 months it probably won't improve anymore. I would like to hear from anyone who has something similar, I know this is very rare and can't find much info on the net...because of negligence of the anestesist I will stay all my life disabled with 24 hrs pain a day :(
None of the docters I have seen can actually tell me what happened....some say the roots of the nerves are injured by the needle and that the nerves need to grow which is a very slow process...I'm confused and would love to hear from anyone with something similar...
miki-am@bezeqint.net
estee

Return to General Foot Drop